Strategic Sourcing Manager
Would you like to work for a company that still has a “family” atmosphere and where you the employee are still the greatest asset to the company? If so, then International Food Products Corporation is the place for you.
Who We Are:
International Food Products Corporation, located in St. Louis, Missouri, is a family-owned company in business for over 40 years. IFPC is a growing, highly ethical, quality ingredient company for the food, beverage, and dairy industries.
Why join the IFPC team:
- When you work at IFPC, you are family.
- Hybrid work model
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Life / Disability
- 401k with a Matching component
- Paid Time Off – Vacation, sick, 9 paid holidays.
- Quarterly Rewards Program with the opportunity to win prizes.
What does IFPC need?
We are looking for a candidate to fill our new position of Strategic Sourcing Manager. This is a new position for IFPC located in Fenton, Missouri at our Corporate office.
The purpose of this role is to
- Assume total procurement responsibility for specialty raw materials critical to the IFPC manufacturing business, specifically, Vitamins, Colors, Flavors, Packaging and others as assigned.
- Assume total procurement responsibility for certain commodity ingredients critical to the IFPC distribution business, specifically salt and others as assigned.
- Originate vendor industry relationships that provide the IFPC with special or privileged access to raw materials, strategic relationships, market information, buying opportunities, business growth opportunities.
- Help control and reduce raw material and distributed item costs to achieve budgeted margins and CWTs.
- Work closely with Category Managers to discover and take on projects that may include efforts to develop new strategic initiatives, bolster existing product lines, find new customers, create strategic vendor relationships, and ultimately increase profitability.
- Travel with salesforce, attend industry functions and communicate market opinions.
- Develop vendor and industry relationships that provide the IG with special or privileged access to strategic relationships, market information, buying opportunities, business growth opportunities.
- Build relationships and stay abreast of producer and market technology trends that may impact the IG competitiveness and provide new competitive opportunities.
- Manage the purchasing of assigned raw materials to ensure continuity of supply and quality for manufacturing and distribution activities.
- Work with resources in the purchasing COE to provide time-sensitive market and pricing information.
- Actively support the sales force and marketing efforts by participating in monthly webinars, helping with the monthly newsletter, providing daily market emails as needed, and participating in a monthly teleconference with the sales force.
- Develop a baseline understanding of other category raw materials to tactically support categories as assigned.
Does that sound like something right up your alley? Are you ready to Apply?
Read below to find out if you have what it takes!
Required Education/Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business or science-related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a sourcing or procurement role, experience in raw materials preferred
- Intermediate Excel skills – pivot tables, lookup functions, etc – as well as familiarity with the entire Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; both verbal and written including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
We look for employees of all backgrounds to bring a fresh perspective to our ingredient business and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send us your resume to apply!