Sales Support Representative
Sales Support Representative
IFPC is a growing quality ingredient company for the food, beverage, and dairy industries. We are a family-owned company that offers excellent benefits and a great team atmosphere. Respect, integrity, teamwork, and passion are at the core of what we do.
Sales Support serves as a vital function that enables Sales to spend more time in the field. This role will enhance the return on total business by increasing the amount of time the outside sales force can focus on both growing existing and finding new companies. This person is responsible for supporting the Sales Person in a variety of tactical roles.
- Sample process management
- Direct contact for customers with inquiries or immediate coverage when a salesperson is unavailable.
- Work with customer service and sales on contract management.
- Maintain existing business by monitoring and reporting changes in the customer purchasing patterns to the sales representative.
- Manage customer contact information and change customer data in CRM.
- Send customer quotes on behalf of the sales representative (discuss any exceptions with sales).
- Enter and maintain sales opportunities in the Salesperson’s opportunity pipeline.
- Review margins to catch trends, errors, and opportunities for margin improvement, and work with stakeholders to improve.
- Follow up on internal requests.
- Monthly reports (margin, open opportunities, sample feedback)
- Any special report requests (specific customer reports such as sales history, margin history, etc.)
- Provide backup information for Price Increases so the Salesperson has everything they need to roll out increases to customers.
- Manage bid process.
- Handle customer document requests.
- Provide pricing to Salespeople on distribution items by following our pricing process.
- Price out product formulations for manufacturing items.
- Create manufactured price letters.
- Set pricing in NAV for manufactured items.
- Communicate pricing to Customer Service when needed.
- Complete and submit stock requests on behalf of the Salesperson.
- Strong time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to engage with various personality types at various professional skill levels.
- High energy level paired with curiosity and a keen desire to learn and understand business issues.
- Proactive team player who is adaptable and flexible to fluid situations.
- Goal-oriented with solid decision-making skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Committed to continually improving processes and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment.
- College degree or min of 3 years of sales support experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire and commitment
- Strong follow-up skills
- Positive attitude
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time
- Intuitive computer skills