Quality Assurance Supervisor
Would you like to work for a company that still has a “family” atmosphere and where you the employee are still the greatest asset to the company?
If so, then International Food Products Corporation is the place for you.
Who We Are:
International Food Products Corporation, located in St. Louis, Missouri, is a family-owned company in business for over 40 years. IFPC is a growing, highly ethical, quality ingredient company for the food, beverage, and dairy industries.
What We Value:
- F– Flexibility
- P– Passion
- C– Collaboration
Why Join The IFPC Team:
- When you work at IFPC, you are family.
- Training and Development
- Career advancement
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Life / Disability
- 401k with a Matching component
- Paid Time Off – Vacation, sick, 9 paid holidays.
What Does IFPC Need?
We are looking for a candidate to fill our Quality Assurance Supervisor position. This position is located at our Aviator Distribution Center located in Hazelwood, MO
The purpose of the Quality Assurance Supervisor is to assist in all aspects of the quality and food safety programs and policies at the Aviator facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in Disposition and Release as needed
- Review Paperwork and File
- Coordinate with Outside labs/scheduling for testing needs
- Manage the completion of monthly Glass and Brittle Plastics Audit
- Assist in Monthly Internal Audits
- Participate in Monthly SQF Meeting
- Grade and Document All employee training in training register
- Review and Document all external Calibrations and log on a worksheet in SQF File
- Assist in writing & updating lab procedures, as directed
- Identify areas of Improvement; Develop Process Changes
- Work with R&D on dispositions & rework formulas
- Help Lead the Quality Group in task completion
- Complete Material Reviews for Dietary Supplements
- Liaison between Quality and Production on Issues or Changes (e.g. Rushes, new procedures)
- Assist in the lab when busy or during employee absence
- Help complete SOP/WI Audits
- Participate in Staff meetings
- Back up the QA Manager with the assistance of the Director of Quality, when the QA Manager is absent
- Review and Sign off on lab MCS, Weekly
- Participate in HACCP/Food Safety Team
- Develop and maintain ISO 17025 for the Pathogen Lab
- Support and help back-up in the Microbiological laboratory as needed and adhere to responsibilities in Quality Control Analyst – Microbiologist.
- Work with Biomerieux on validation of micro methods and new processes.
- Write deviations
- Help raws analyst with supplier complaints
- Manage annual allergen validation
- Manage annual protein testing
- Manage and troubleshoot lab equipment
- Order supplies
- Adhere to the Lab Code of Ethics Exhibit AVI 05.04.01 and Exhibit AVI 05.04 Quality Policy
Are you ready to apply?
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- Possess an Associates or bachelor’s degree in Food Science or other related disciplines
- Has computer knowledge of Excel and Work
- Exhibit team player qualities of cooperation and coordination: professional interaction in all business contacts all day, every day.
- Must be willing to work 1st, 2nd, and/or 3rd shifts.
- Must be willing to work a temporary assignment, alternative schedule, or shift as requested by a manager.
Ready to apply? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org