Purchasing Support Coordinator
Would you like to work for a company with a “family” atmosphere and where you the employee are still the greatest asset to the company?
Come be a part of an extraordinary team that is International Food Products Corporation! Excellent benefits and competitive pay are just a few reasons to consider our opportunity.
Who We Are:
Located in Fenton, Missouri, it is a family-owned company in business for 47 years. IFPC is a growing, highly ethical, quality ingredient company for the feed industries.
The Purchasing Support Coordinator is responsible for the acquisition and management of raw materials and plays a critical strategic role in the growth, competitiveness, and profitability of each firm.
- This role primarily supports the IFPC business unit
- Own the input and continuous reconciliation of purchase contracts into NAV
- Track allocations and communicate deviations from the plan to category leadership
- Review min/max order levels to keep up with business needs & vendor expectations as provided by category leadership
- Track late/problem shipments and be the first line of communication with vendor above vendor customer service level
- Investigate and track customer & internal complaints dealing with vendor relations
- Request updated freight rates from vendors
- Manage pricing expectations from a vendor to purchasing coordinators as needed
- Own communication on pricing increase/decrease to sales and pricing coordinators
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to conduct routine margin reviews & help provide root cause analysis on low-margin transactions
- Solve pricing discrepancies between vendor invoices and internal POs
- Champion the sample request process from both internal stakeholders, such as sales and R&D teams, and external vendors
- Perform New Item Set Up tasks required by the purchasing department
- Request product Information & Document requests from Vendors for our organization
- Request new vendor set up and file out required documentation for the accounting department
- Monitor inventory levels and communicate any oddities noticed to category leadership
- Perform ad hoc report building to support category leadership as needed
- Backup for Category managers & category buyers
Required Skills / Ability:
- Basic Excel skills – pivot tables, lookup functions, etc. – as well as familiarity with the entire Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; both verbal and written including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree a plus, preferably in business or agriculture discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a support or procurement role, experience in food ingredients preferred