Category Manager – Texturizers
Would you like to work for a company with a “family” atmosphere and where you the employee are still the greatest asset to the company?
Come be a part of an extraordinary team that is International Food Products Corporation! Excellent benefits and competitive pay are just a few of the reasons to consider our opportunity.
Who We Are:
Located in Fenton, Missouri, it is a family-owned company in business for 47 years. IFPC is a growing, highly ethical, quality ingredient company for the feed industries.
Why join the team:
- When you work at IFPC, you are family.
- Hybrid work model
- Career Advancement
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Life / Disability
- 401k with a Matching component
- Paid Time Off – vacation, sick, 9 paid holidays.
- Quarterly Rewards Program with the opportunity to win prizes.
The acquisition and management of raw materials for IFPC plays a critical strategic role in the growth, competitiveness, and profitability of the firm. The category manager role is designed to embrace the strategic demands of these activities and drive the growth, competitiveness, and profitability of critical categories.
- This role primarily supports the IFPC business unit.
- Develop strategy for Texturizers (Hydrocolloids & Fibers) categories, in cooperation with business leads, category managers, sales managers, Director of Procurement
- Achieve Goals and Objectives for CWTs, Margin, and strategic competitive positioning.
- Work closely with other Category Managers in developing strategies to achieve competitive market positioning and advantage in the marketplace.
- Develop privileged, strategic relationships with manufacturers, both globally and domestically.
- Travel internationally for facility audits with key partnerships and/or vendors.
- Travel with sales force, attend industry functions, and communicate market opinions.
- Work with sales and the Director of Procurement to establish pricing authority and responsibilities best suited to each material/market situation.
- Develop vendor and industry relationships that provide TIC with special or privileged access to strategic relationships, market information, buying opportunities, and business growth opportunities.
- Build relationships and stay abreast of producer and market technology trends that may impact TIC’s competitiveness and provide new competitive opportunities.
- Manage category-specific risk positions.
- Develop, recommend, and implement strategic business growth initiatives that may include capital projects, acquisitions, and cooperative ventures.
- Work with resources in the purchasing COE to provide time-sensitive market and pricing information.
- Actively support the sales force and marketing efforts by participating in monthly webinars, helping with the monthly newsletter, providing daily market emails as needed, and participating in monthly teleconferences with the sales force.
- Exceptional skills in negotiation, influencing, analyzing problems and decisions, and taking initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite programs
- Understanding of procurement, logistics, inventory management
- Strategy development skills with the ability to manage short-term goals to meet long-term initiatives.
- Interpersonal skills to build rapport, network, and maintain effective business relationships within and outside the company
- International business experience & relative product knowledge are strongly preferred.
Education and Experience:
- 4-year degree in business, agriculture, or other related field
- 3-7 years of relevant professional experience
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you feel you meet the above qualifications, please send your resume including your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org!