We are dedicated to providing our employees the tools they need for long-term growth and success. As a result, our employees demonstrate tremendous loyalty to our company and to our mission of delivering consistently high levels of service to our customers.
Because of our employee loyalty, nearly all of our job openings are for new positions, based on the growth of our company.
International Food Products seeks and values employees of all backgrounds. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
International Food Products is part of The International Companies’ group of privately owned companies. Visit The International Companies to learn about opportunities at our sister companies.
View Job Description
Inventory Planning Analyst
Inventory Planning Analyst will have strong analytical skills & critical thinking skills in order to consolidate and analyze large volumes of data; and will be self-motivated and results-driven. The successful Inventory Planning Analyst will have strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and the ability to communicate effectively cross-functionally and with all levels of the organization. This position is in Fenton, MO.
- Prepares data & facilitates monthly inventory review with management team for two business units.
- Preparation & distribution of inventory related reports weekly and/or monthly & monitoring of inventory related initiatives.
- Identifies at-risk inventory & develops reduction iniatives along with VP Supply Chain.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the efficiency & effectiveness of inventory planning and supports cost, service, and quality initiatives and drives process improvement initiatives to successful completion
- Reports key performance indicators for the inventory planning team such as Inventory DOH, Out-Of-Stocks, At Risk Inventory, etc.
- Set inventory policy with VP Supply Chain
- Maintain current raw material and finished goods data by SKU such as reorder point, safety level, lead time, etc.
- Review and communicate long/short positions based on market conditions and/or supply shortfalls.
- Prepare purchase requisitions managing optimal raw material and distribution stocking levels at distribution centers and manufacturing facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree. Supply Chain, Logistics Studies a plus.
- Experience (1-2 years) in operations, inventory management, &/or order fulfillment required.
- Exceptional organizational skills, including excellent follow through habits, the ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines, and solid problem solving skills.
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with co-workers and on project teams.
- Strong analytical, critical-thinking, & problem-solving skills required.
- Solid, straightforward, and professional oral and written communication skills, including presenting data and analysis clearly to management.
- Ability to perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company’s values.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you feel you meet the above qualifications please send your resume including salary requirements to email@example.com.
View Job Description
FACILITY: Fenton, MO
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Purchasing & Risk Management
The purpose of this role is to develop business analysis tools and provide critical review of IIC/IFPC operating businesses and categories to provide timely insight to support adjustments in our business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and publish monthly category profit and loss statements.
- Develop and publish sugar zones position report.
- Develop publish sugar profit and loss projection reporting tool.
- Develop and maintain price books: Chemical, corn sweetener, packaged sweetener, cocoa, starches, dairy, grains, salt, misc. etc.
- Develop and publish risk position reporting tools: Cocoa, corn, natural gas, propane, alcohol, vegetable proteins, Dairylac, permeate, dairy, freight/fuel, USD.
- Facilitate and participate in weekly, monthly and quarterly risk meetings assist with policy implementation.
- Review and report on limits of key risk positions according to established authority levels.
- Develop and publish daily oils position reporting tool.
- Work closely with IT and eventually integrate price books with Navision or CRM etc.
- Develop “sales pricing” kits and prototype tools.
- Develop and publish purchase price and sales price versus market price variance reports.
- Participate in and support annual budgeting process.
- Gather raw materials purchase price forecasts, enter into raw material variance analysis tools, produce and publish monthly purchase price variance analysis.
- Support development and completion of “Total Solutions” reports & settlements for clients.
- Help prepare data/reports for Category monthly meetings, help facilitate meetings.
- Develop and publish variance reports and variance income statements for categories and business units.
- Participate in process improvement initiative for the purchasing coordinator roles.
- Ad hoc category tools and analysis.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the activities/projects of other departments with approval of Vice President of Purchasing.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL LEVEL
- Strong analytical skills
- ERP familiarity
- Strong Excel skills
- Accounting/cost accounting/finance background
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
- Lift 50 lbs
- Carry 50 lbs
- Climb/Work at Heights
- Reach above Shoulder level
- Squat/Crouch – Occasionally
REQUIRED TRAINING & EDUCATION
- 5-7 years of work experience in similar business/industry
- College Degree
- 0 – 25% per year
View Job Description
The International Companies is comprised of three unique operating groups: a feed ingredient manufacturing firm, a value added food ingredient system manufacturer, and a food ingredient trading/distribution firm. The acquisition of raw materials for each of these businesses plays a critical strategic role in the growth, competitiveness and profitability of each group. The category buyer role is designed to facilitate the cost competitive, reliability, and quality driven requirements for specific distributed and consumed raw materials.
International Ingredient Corporation: IIC competes for raw materials. Access to scarce raw materials is central to IIC’s growth opportunities and profitability. As such, IIC has developed relationships, strategies, and provides service to potential vendors that bring scarce raw materials under management.
International Food Products: IFP is a complex trading, distribution and value added manufacturer of food ingredients and systems selling food ingredients and fine chemicals in a highly competitive marketplace. For IFP’s largest and growing product categories; Sugar, Oils, Flour, Corn Sweeteners, Starches, Chemicals; competitiveness and growth are dependent on superior market relationships and knowledge, and informed trading or risk taking. For the legacy Dairy House manufacturing business, the primary source of growth and profitability is the development of unique ingredient systems. However, access to critical raw materials such as cocoa, and price control of many fine ingredients are vital to quality, availability and margin preservation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify vendors, understand markets, verify quality requirements, and source key raw materials and distributed goods at market competitive values.
- This role will be responsible for the purchase of liquid sweeteners, packaged corn sweeteners, starch, various fine ingredients consumed in manufacturing, some flour items, tomatoes, egg powders, peanut butter, and other items as assigned.
- Work closely with Category Manager and sales team to competitively source and win business for the distribution of liquid sweeteners and blended sweetener product.
- Work closely with Category Manager with various assigned tasks related to measuring and reporting on risk position related to the oils business.
- Work closely with logistics group in the efficient acquisition of assigned raw materials and products.
- Achieve Goals and Objectives for volume and Margin on distributed products within the assigned areas of responsibility.
- Achieve targeted competitive costs and budgeted costs for assigned areas of responsibility for consumed raw materials.
- Support product innovation by supporting R&D and Quality in the identification and sourcing of new raw materials.
- Travel with sales force as needed to support sales of distributed products in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Travel to vendors and attend industry functions relevant to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Share market information with internal stakeholders, sales team and customers as needed.
- Actively support and participate in budgeting process.
- Assume related tasks as assigned.
- Perform a variety of tasks related to maintaining pricing practices
- Proactively communicate distributed product availability and price issues to sales and customer service
- Support documentation requirements for various products
- Audit and analyze invoice and margin reports for cost & price accuracy
- Perform cross-category purchasing related duties as required
- Position is based in Fenton, MO headquarters.
- Bachelor degree.
- 2+ years experience purchasing Feed / Food industry ingredients
- 2+ years Ag market experience such as grain trading, commodity trading, and risk management.
- Self-starter, ambitious.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point
- Food Science or chemistry experience/education a plus.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL LEVEL
The category buyer is a skilled and knowledgeable buyer of various food ingredients, is able to develop and maintain excellent industry relationships and has an excellent grasp of market factors, technical product knowledge, logistics, and quality requirements.
- Up to 4 weeks per year
Excellent benefits and competitive pay, are just a few of the reasons to consider our opportunity.
If you feel you have the above qualifications then please submit your resume and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org..